Monday, November 30, 2009

Genji Sushi

To find this place all you need to do is find a pissed off emocon. I don't get the sign but hey, lets admit, when in Taiwan when do we ever really "get" anything?
So this culinary experience was one of the most memorable. I was attracted to this place because not only is it right by my aptzy but they have on display mouth watering pictures of these delicious looking rolls posted up in the window..little did I realize that NONE of them were on the menu. Although a little annoyed, I really wasn't that surprised, I mean, it isn't THAT unusual.. So my dinner pal and I just started to grab things off that revolving counter and found some decent things to eat but in the end just decided to order off the menu.
This is where things got really strange. My companion, a whitie, ordered 6 pieced of smoked salmon and 6 pieces of tuna and salmon sashimi, while I ordered some eggs and other non-fishy foods. The waitress, nodded as we gave our order and then later returned with 12 pieces of smoked salmon, 24 pieces of tuna and 24 pieces of salmon sashimi plus the other food that I ordered. WTF??? really?? At no point in time did it ever dawn on her that maybe that was a little too much food for two let alone one person to eat... lol
In the end she was very apologetic and even compted the extra food that she brought..
Over all I would say that this place is a 1/2 step up from sushi express....so I really don't recommend it.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

hmm...sounds like you were eating w/ a real sushi novice. You didn't try and force the person you were eating with to eat all the unneeded food he so rapaciously ordered, did you? I can only imagine that he was trying to brag by spitting some nasty chinese or something... sheesh...typical whiteies...